Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Looking for a special breakfast treat? I fell in love with lemon ricotta pancakes when I first tried them at Plow in SF. I really recommend my Bay Area people to check them out for brunch. You may have to wait for 30 mins for a table, but it's definitely worth it.

I just came home from TKB so I thought I would reward myself with HOMEMADE lemon ricotta pancakes. Even though I still need to master the perfect pancake shape, these came out really good. As you can see, I added more lemon zest and powdered sugar on top with bananas on the side.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon canola oil

1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and canola oil. Gently fold this mixture into the dry ingredients until flour disappears. Don’t over mix. The batter will be thick.

3. Heat a griddle or a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about two minutes longer. Continue making pancakes until batter is gone. Serve warm with maple sauce, honey and top with your favorite fruit.

Serves 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment