Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Say KEEN-WA


We tried quinoa for the first time last week since we've been hearing its really healthy. We bought it at our local grocery store and had to ask one of the employees on where to find it.

Me: Excuse me, where can I find quinoa?
Worker: What do you need?
Me: Quinoa.
W: Keeeen-wa? How do you spell it?
Me: Q U I N O A
W: What's that?!
M: It's a small grain
W: hmm..let me ask someone

After asking 3 people while one person looked for it, we ended up finding it ourselves. It was in the rice aisle. We couldn't spot it the first time because we didn't know how the packaging/bag looked.

Here are 7 benefits of quinoa:
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains.
3. Quinoa contains Iron.
4. Quinoa contains lysine.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium.
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2).
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese.

Quick recipe:
1 c quinoa 
2 c spinach
1 onion
Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
parmesan cheese

Soo...I paired it with ribs. haha, I know it's not the healthiest choice but I only had 1 piece. Swear. Nonetheless, quinoa gets my seal of approval and I'm planning to try other recipes with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment